Today’s pre-op testing at the hospital was pretty painless. In and out in under two hours. Lots of forms, blood work (again!), chest x-ray, blood pressure, EKG, physical exam… And the best news: they told me to cancel my surgical clearance appointment with my primary care doctor tomorrow. “We have everything we need,” the nurse practitioner told me. So, I called my primary care doctor and Dr. P just to be sure everyone agreed. I know it’s not a big deal, but one less appointment is one less appointment.
I also spoke to the hematologist today. She cleared me for surgery from her end and reassured me that whatever issues my sister has with blood clotting, I don’t share.
All that’s left now are my pre-op appointments on Friday with both surgeons. I guess it’s time to make a list of last minute questions. And say a prayer that the weather holds.
So that’s where I’m at. One week from surgery. Cleared and ready to go. I’m not happy about it, but all I can do is keep moving forward until I wake up on the other side of this thing.